TV review: ‘Stalker’

Pierce Lehman, Hi-Times Business Manager

The show “Stalker” premiered Oct. 2 on CBS and the response was amazing.

The program follows victims of stalking and the detectives of the Threat Assessment Unit of the LAPD. The show starts in the middle of the action and brings to life how stalking victims feel. “Stalker” pulls you into the world of non-stop fear and drama, bringing to life how people feel when their whole lives are invaded. Fast-paced and action filled, “Stalker” draws you into a terrifying cat and mouse game that you can’t seem to escape. The personal stories of the detectives take the show to a whole new level.

The first episode sent my brain into a tailspin. “Stalker” pulls you into a race against time as young women and men are fighting for their freedom and safety. The shows you just how real stalking is and how easily it could happen to anyone, even students at Tupelo High School.

“Stalker” is one of the best new shows on television right now. If you are going to really become invested in a new series, “Stalker” is the one to pick. There are a lot of crime shows on television right now, but “Stalker” is touching on a crime that hasn’t really been highlighted on screen yet. The same way we commonly see murder is how you will view stalking after this show.

If you are a fan of “Law and Order” or “Criminal Minds,” “Stalker” will be your new addiction. The lives of the victims, stalkers and detectives are all intertwined in a web that is slowly being unraveled as the show progresses. Serial stalkers, crazy ex-husbands and obsessive people are some of the profiles highlighted on the show.

“Stalker” is a refreshing change in the mass of crime television. Secrets and lies surround everything on this show. I would rate “Stalker” 4 out of 5 stars.