The online collaborative home for the print publications of Golden Wave Media.

THS Current

THS Current

THS Current

Course selections for upcoming seniors

stresses of senior year

When It’s time for course selections for high school students, they decide what classes they need and want to take. At this time upcoming seniors decide the courses they need to prepare for college. 

“I chose my classes wisely because I needed to prioritize my future,” Ashton Mccoy 11th grade student said. 

Course selections are important when getting prepared for the upcoming school year. “I think when students choose their classes for senior year, they choose the classes they need to graduate or whatever they might need for their major”, junior Amedei Ratliff states.

Senior year is very important and prepares you for the future and your college major. Counselors call students out of class to approve their schedule and make sure students have what they need.

Early graduate Madison Griffin says “I will be getting out of school early, and it’s exciting to start college ahead of my graduation class”. 

Course selections are making sure you have everything you need for your senior year. “I was scared of choosing my classes for senior year because I didn’t know what to expect, but I was happy to only have one class”, Senior Joiyah Blackmon says. 

Upcoming seniors have a lot of pressures, especially because they are stepping into the next step of their life. Counselors make it to where seniors only have to worry about the classes they need, so they won’t be a stressful thing.

“ I feel course selections for the upcoming year are very sad because it’s the last time I’m choosing my schedule”, student Kamrin Pointer says. Course selections are very important and all upcoming seniors need to take it seriously.