Welding CTE

Mr.McIntosh is a  teacher who is preparing his welding students for real-life skills and common tasks they have to do for a job like being on time and prepared to take on the day

¨They learn what we call soft skills, which is just simple things like doing common work on time or coming to class on time not being tardy.” McIntosh said.

Also, he truly does care for his students and wishes the best for them and wants them to be able to see themselves in the future. 

¨I asked kids all the time, how do you see yourself in your future. And it’s important that kids begin to be able to see themselves because if they can’t see themselves in their future, they usually don’t have any point to reach toward.¨McIntosh said. 

Safety is the top priority in the shop for the CTE teachers making sure each and every student is safe and okay. 

¨So the basic thing that they will learn is, number one, safety. There’s no job you can do without you having a high level of safety.¨ 

The CTE department works with nearby manufacturers in the area come to help the students get a better understanding of their field of work. Mr. Macintosh said 

¨From time to time,  the CTE department does actually try to reach out to employers and manufacturers in the area to give kids the opportunity to take field trips to see their particular field of study in live action.¨McIntosh said. 

The students also take trips where they compete against other students with SkillsUSA.

¨With SkillsUSA, you have the opportunity to take usually between two to potentially four trips. Two of those trips are to qualify to make it to the next round or next level.¨McIntosh said.