Students Prepare for the Future

During February, Evet Topp and others prepare the CTE tours for 9th and 10th graders in hopes of new students enrolling in one of the many programs offered here at Tupelo High School.

The main purpose of the tours, according to Mrs. Topp, is to show students classes that can help them with their future careers.  “It’s an opportunity where career and technical education can share with the world the great things that go on with CTE and the opportunities that are there for students,” Mrs. Topp said.

The tours offer teachers and students in CTE classes an opportunity to talk to students individually and share information about their class and what skills each student will learn while they are there.

“ I will let them know that is a two-year program and it’s for those that are interested in any kind of health care profession is not just for nursing, a lot of people think is just for nursing is not just for nursing or doctors,” said Angela Brown, teacher over Heath Science in the CTE building.

There is more to these classes than others might think. These classes provide you with the skills required to succeed in your chosen career.

“ My hope for the CTE programs in the future is that students recognize the opportunity that they have within these walls to grow in high school, and enrolling in a CTE program, whether they enrolled in the middle school, or here at the high school, career, and technical education will have touched every student’s life here at Tupelo High School,” said Mrs. Topp.