The online collaborative home for the print publications of Golden Wave Media.

THS Current

THS Current

THS Current

Meet Tupelo High School’s new staff member Ms. Ware

Kara Graham
Ms. Ware helps a class review what they have learned over the unit.

WM: What made you decide to go into teaching?

EW: I absolutely love children. And I do believe that they are our future. I just wanted to give back to children. I know that when education ceases poverty and crime increase, so to help the future, you know, to give back.

WM: So where did you teach before? How has that school help you helped you grow?

EW: I taught at Lawhorn Elementary School, self-contained classroom for almost 10 and a half years. That school was my foundation school. It was my first job as a paraprofessional. And it helped me because there’s a lot of diversity and inclusivity. And I got to meet a lot of children that had different disabilities, different rulings, and it just happened. It helped me to like stretch myself and broaden my territory.

Students have fun playing Blooket as a review game. (Kara )

WM: What’s the biggest benefit you’ve got from teaching?

EW: To you know, just have those light bulb moments, just to be here. And to encourage schools and to encourage students to come and be here when they say I am not coming tomorrow. And then you tell them how important they are. How you want them to be here. And then the next day they show up with the biggest smile on their face and to also to see them getting the content that has been teached.

WM: For any new teachers or teachers that are in college, what is some advice that you would give them?

EW: I would tell them for one, they’re making the right choice. Teaching is a great opportunity. We help to groom and nurture everyone in every profession in the whole world so if you want to be a teacher, make sure that it comes from your heart and not just for the benefits because these children’s lives depend on us.