The online collaborative home for the print publications of Golden Wave Media.

THS Current

THS Current

THS Current

Meet Ms. Southworth

Get to know a valuable member of the THS Staff!

Ms. Morgan Southworth is a 2nd year English II and Acc. English II teacher. Since she was young, she has had a passion for literature but was unsure of how to pursue it as a career.

“When I was very young, I thought about being a teacher, but I really wanted to be a book editor or author. I came back around in my college years wanting to be a teacher,” Southworth said. 

In her high school years, she participated in multiple extracurricular activities.

“I did a little speech and debate, but I always came back around to theater, and that was my primary focus,” Southworth said.

English was always her favorite subject, but she also enjoyed French class. This was the start of her love for foreign languages and studies.

She attended multiple universities and even studied abroad. 

“For my bachelor’s degree, I went to the University of Texas at Austin, and for my master’s I ended up going to Ole Miss for their online program. Between there I attended Iwate University in Japan,” Southworth said.

Notably, she double majored in English and the Japanese language. Although Ms. Southworth loves and values her job, she also has interests outside of school

“I play Dungeons and Dragons with a group of friends. I also play other board games,” Southworth said.

Southworth’s rare unwavering dedication to building a safe learning environment for her students makes her an essential member of the THS staff.

“I’m so honored to be here at THS,” Southworth said.