The online collaborative home for the print publications of Golden Wave Media.

THS Current

THS Current

THS Current

The Play That Goes Wrong

THS+Theater+Club+gets+together+to+take+a+group+photo.+
Ashton Mccoy
THS Theater Club gets together to take a group photo.

Theater Teacher Phillip Miller and his students joined together to perform “The Play That Goes Wrong.” Much of the backstage crew and students who acted in the play enjoyed the experience.

“I think it went amazing. The audience was loving it, they were laughing everywhere. We had to wait to keep performing at one point because people kept laughing.” Senior Kalvin Sepulveda said.

The Senior actors had mixed feelings about the play. It was one of their hardest plays to prepare but their effort led to one of their best performances. The play also gave students the opportunity to reflect on their time in theater while moving towards their next performance.

“I feel good, especially considering how good the play went. There was a lot of stress and it’s kind of funny since this is my first play this year but it was my most stressful play overall. It’s bittersweet, you know, this being my first of last but at the same time, I have the opportunity to look forward to our next play.“ Senior Emmanuel Adams said.

Backstage students were happy to help in the play as much as possible. They were appreciated for their work behind the scenes.

“In the play, there’s a lot you need to do. If the actors are on stage they can’t do what is needed backstage. There was a lot of pushing, noises, and actions that had to happen that only backstage could do.” Sophomore Jackson Raines said.

Students attending the play also had an extravagant experience watching it. Many students had good things to say about the humor, which could be seen in their live reactions.

“The play was actually insane in a good way. It was amazing. Everyone fit the role perfectly and you know, the play went wrong. Usually, our theater group does well so I expected it to be quality. One of my favorite parts was when one of the actors was lying on the ground for 8 minutes it was so funny.” Senior Joshua Delacoudray said.

Isabella Jones and Kevin Sepulveda rehearse their slap for the Play that Goes Wrong. (Maila Carpenter)