The online collaborative home for the print publications of Golden Wave Media.

THS Current

THS Current

THS Current

Scholar’s Spotlight: Amyah Dancer and the Pursuit of Excellence

Amyah Dancer is a sophomore here at Tupelo High who is involved in many clubs and after school activities. Joiyah Blackmon sat down with Amyah Dancer, friend Madison Griffin, and synergy teacher Reagen Ray to talk about how Amyah has impacted the school.

“ One of my goals that I have for the rest of my time in high school is to pass all my classes and continue to make good grades so I have the ability to graduate with special distinction.”Dancer said. “ I play tennis outside of school every Wednesday and on the weekends, I used to do ballet Hip hop and I am a part of synergy and these things are very special to me and are things that i enjoy doing.” Dancer added. 

Dancer is involved in many activities to keep herself active during school and outside of school. Dancers’ goals during the rest of her high school years are to keep up her good grades so she can graduate with special distinction and to continue her sports. 

“My ambition after high school is to get better at tennis and continue to level up. I’m good at it but there’s always room for improvement. Practicing after school is helping me a lot to get better and also with synergy I just want to improve.” Dancer said. “ I am considering nursing as a career path. It appeals to me because I love to help others out and I feel like that would be a great job for me.” Dancer added.

After Dancer finishes her academic career in high school she wants to attend Mississippi State University to start a career in nursing. While in high school Dancer wants to improve in her activities throughout the years. Dancer enjoys helping others when they’re in need, so that’s why she feels as if she would enjoy going into a nursing career. 

“ Amyah’s impact on the school is being a part of the clubs and singing in synergy, she has school spirit and is always there for people when they need her.” Griffin said. “ Amyah is always in a good mood even when her day is going bad.” Griffin added 

Griffin expresses how Dancer is a great person to be around and overall has good energy even when she’s having a bad day. She also adds how Dancer is involved in many different things in school and out. 

“ Amyah’s dedication has been revealed to me in the way she conducts herself in class and rehearsals as well as outside of class as a representative of our group.” Ray said. Amyah demonstrates strength and resilience by giving 100% of her efforts in class. She positively affects those around her by bringing a good attitude to rehearsals and performances. I have observed her kindness towards others and I know that her presence makes our team better.” Ray added. 

Ray expresses how she notices Dancers dedication to synergy.Not only does she notice it in class but also outside of class with her positive attitude. Ray adds how Dancer positive attitude and welcoming personality is needed in synergy.