The online collaborative home for the print publications of Golden Wave Media.

THS Current

THS Current

THS Current

Charting the Course: Vidhi Patel’s Pre-Med Journey Begins at THS

Photo of Vidhi Patel.

Tupelo High School (THS) is an aspiring place for future professionals, nurturing a diverse array of career ambitions among its students. The field of medicine is a prevalent choice, and sophomore Vidhi Patel stands out as a dedicated aspirant.

“Something that inspired me to pursue a career in medicine is not just being a doctor to help people in need, but also the opportunity to watch the impact and difference you make in their lives and the connection you make with patients,” said Vidhi.

Vidhi is brimming with untapped potential, harboring strengths even she has yet to realize. Recently, during our school’s blood drive, Andrea Brown, the Health science teacher, had the opportunity to select a student for an interview role. Vidhi was the natural choice. Her professionalism, articulate delivery, and breadth of knowledge set her apart.

“Right now, we’re tapping into things that Vidhi doesn’t realize she has the strengths and education to do. When selecting a student, Vidhi was my first choice. She’s very professional and is clear in her delivery. She’s also very educated on a lot of things with medicine,” said Mrs.Brown.

From time to time, Vidhi seizes the chance to volunteer at the local hospital. There, she absorbs knowledge from seasoned medical professionals, gaining a firsthand understanding of the realities of healthcare work.

“Volunteering at the hospital has deepened my understanding of what it means to be a doctor—the real-world experience is invaluable. Whether it’s shadowing physicians or assisting in the ER, every moment fuels my passion for medicine,” Vidhi explained.

Her constant pursuit of new challenges has earned her the admiration of many.

“She challenges herself. She looks for opportunities to challenge herself and she’s just a very sweet person. I’ve never heard anybody say anything bad about her, and I couldn’t think about myself. She is a perfect fit for this type of class, and I’m confident we’re only beginning to witness the remarkable achievements Vidhi will attain,” Mrs. Brown concluded.