The online collaborative home for the print publications of Golden Wave Media.

THS Current

THS Current

THS Current

Football team works on improving over last season

Football is a very important and interesting sport, and students have a variety of ways of getting better every year and improving as players.

(Emmy Dean)

Some of the students on the football team were asked how they planned to improve in preparation for the next football season.

“I plan on being a good team player, making sure my attitude is one hundred percent to all of my teammates, always uplifting them.” Sophomore player Jackson Tiggs said. “Being the player the coaches can count on to make big plays.”

Football is like life- it requires perseverance, self-denial, hard work, sacrifice, dedication, and respect for authority.

Another sophomore player Jaqauris Harrel says that he plans to do whatever it takes to have a successful season.

“I plan on pushing my success in the best way possible, even if that means staying long hours to practice, going to the gym to work out and even just practicing when I have nothing else to do. Using football in my free time.” Harrel said.

Many students have different ways of working harder to ensure the success of their team and of their season, but full effort is necessary for anyone hoping to get to the next level.

“Gaining weight and getting faster, staying after school, getting extra work in after and also doing a lot of speed training” Junior player Chris Ivy said.

As a junior, Chris Ivy is preparing for his final year of high school so he wants to push himself whenever possible.

The most important aspect of improving in football, or in just about any sport, is having the right mindset and working hard to achieve your goals.