The online collaborative home for the print publications of Golden Wave Media.

THS Current

THS Current

THS Current

Unleashing potential and scoring for success: Maison Dunn goes on a journey

Meet Maison Dunn, a junior at Tupelo High School who has excellent talent in the sport of Football. Throughout his years of high school, he has had many setbacks during the seasons of football. “I’ve faced many challenges playing football, I’ve broken my ankle my freshman year and missed out my sophomore year due to that injury,” Dunn said. Although that injury made him miss out a whole season he didn’t let that stop him from becoming an even better athlete.  He overcame those challenges by, “having the motivation to workout after practice even on off days to become a better athlete,” Dunn said. 

During Dunn’s junior year, he has received over 10 offers. “I’ve received 11 offers from UAB, Southern Mississippi, Arkansas State, Mississippi State, Ole Miss, University of Minnesota, University of Louisiana Monroe, Memphis, South Alabama, LA Tech, and Louisville,” Dunn said. He did the unimaginable by having a whole season off and coming back his junior year with such talent. Receiving an offer can be exciting for Dunn he said, “It was a really humbling experience for me.” Even though he has received those offers, Dunn says, “The factors for me on deciding which College offer I decide on are Academic Major,  the Location, and Coaches.” 

Dunn will be a Senior next school year, which means his career will be taken to the next level. “I plan on staying more consistent and being more self-disciplined to improve during summer training for the next level,” Dunn said. Many people see his talent and hard work to become the best athlete he can be.