The online collaborative home for the print publications of Golden Wave Media.

THS Current

THS Current

THS Current

THS Blood Drive

The Blood Drive here at Tupelo High School is very beneficial for the people in hospitals who are in need of a blood donor.

Can you describe the steps involved in organizing the blood drive at our school? Mrs. Bown Tupelo High School Health science teacher says “ While we work with my talent, which is actually an organization here in Tupelo, it is a national organization, but they do have one here in Tupelo. I work with Melinda Murphee, she is their community liaison, And so what we do is we pretty much develop and we create a date that we want to do a blood drive, then my students in health science, they actually create flyers that publicize that drive as well. And then we find the students and the staff that are willing to do.”

How does our school’s blood drive contribute to the local community? Mrs.Brown Tupelo High School Health science teacher says “ So a lot of people question if the blood actually stays locally, and it does and so the hospital obviously has patients that need blood on a daily basis and so that it does stay here within the community.”

What inspired the decision to host a School’s Health science teacher says “ The inspiration is a need with me being a nurse I always look at patient needs and community needs as well. And so I wanted to meet the needs of the community.. So we have one in the fall and one in the spring of each year.”

How do students and staff get involved in the blood drive? Mrs.Brown Tupelo High School’s Health science teacher says “ The health science two students and health science one students actually publicize it. They create the flyers, they help with registrations as well. And we have students here at the high school, that actually come and they sign up to donate anyone 16 or older.”

What is the targeted goal for this year’s blood drive? Mrs.Brown Tupelo High School Health science teacher says “ Our targeted goal is 27 units and we have actually filled all those slots and we have an extra list that going on so we can have a backup plan if some of those donors can not give for whatever reasons.”

Donate blood and you’ll be entered to win one of 83 gift cards worth $83 each

Per the announcement for more information visit Mrs. Bown’s class in I113.