Senior Memoir: Chris Patty

Chris Patty, Staff Writer, The Hi-Times

When you first get to Tupelo High School from the middle school, no one really knows what to expect. The campus size alone is hard to get used to, as it is close to the size of a small community college, but the new class scheduling is one of the most confusing factors. Over time though, students get used to it all and start to feel comfortable, but that’s when the years start to fly by.

Most people will get involved in something as they go through high school, trying to make the best of the time stuck here. As the year goes by and you are running around in whatever sport or club you’re in, time starts to fly by and the years will be over before you know it.

There have always been people who when they graduate they say, “I should have been more adventurous,” or “I should have studied more,” but it’s different for everyone. Many memories from high school come from the school spirit or just out of everyday things, so don’t just wake up in the morning going through the motions, studying for tests day after day. Enjoy life and make memories in high school, because they’ll stick with you the rest of your life.

Of course there are always limits you shouldn’t pass, but doing nothing memorable in high school will make it one of the worst times of your life, and you deserve to have a good experience. Everyone’s got something they’re good at, so it’s your job to find it, excel in it, and have fun doing it.

In the end, I’d like to say make memories and enjoy high school while it lasts, because one day you’ll look back and realize those four years flew by and you’re only a couple weeks from graduating.