THS Current

• February 20"Never give up, today is hard, tomorrow is worse, but the day after tomorrow will be sunshine." ~ Jack MA

• February 14Once you choose hope anything is possible. -anonymous

• February 4"Always concentrate on how far you have come, rather than how far you have left to go. The difference in how easy it seems will amaze you."-Heidi Johnson

Filed under Features, Sports, THS Album

Football vs. Shannon 9.2.16

Back to Article
Back to Article

Football vs. Shannon 9.2.16

Keashia Freeman

Keashia Freeman

Keashia Freeman

If Friday night’s game against Shannon proves anything, it’s that rivalry still runs deep in Mississippi high school football. Tupelo supporters came out for the first away game of the season, and the student section made a strong appearance even with no theme established by the Tupelo Boys.

The team scored from a fumble early in the first quarter, but the touchdown was called back due to a clip. Both teams were scoreless at the end of the first quarter, but Tupelo scored towards the beginning of the second quarter as sophomore Stephon McGlaun threw 25-yards to senior Donte Freeman in the endzone.

Even with a strong offense, Shannon was only able to put three points on the board by halftime. Sophomore Jaquerrious Williams and McGlaun got another touchdown on the scoreboard for Tupelo with five minutes left in the third. Junior Jett Johnson intercepted the ball, leading to another touchdown for Tupelo.

With 10 minutes left in the game, Shannon scored a touchdown to bring the score to 23-10. McGlaun gets another touchdown for THS after a 53-yard rush down the field. Senior Labryant Siddell walks in the endzone for another touchdown, and junior South Sanders and senior Austin Watkins work to get a final touchdown before the game ends at 42-10 for a Tupelo win.

Tupelo faces Brandon back at Renasant Field next Friday at 7 pm.