U.S. Senator Roger Wicker Speaks at THS Veterans Day Program

Wicker joined the Madrigal and Varsity Choirs in celebrating the service and sacrifice of Veterans.

Peaches Walker

Senator Wicker spoke on the importance and privilege of voting.

• THS honors Senator Wicker & Veterans to the program

• THS PTO and THS Madrigal Booster Club supplied flowers to the reception of the program along with a welcoming cake.

• Kaylee Beth Moore says an introduction for the program.

• Bailey Fitts says a prayer over the students before starting the program.

• Nathan Keen, Khaoula Kamal, Hannah Bradford, Jalen Sparkman stand with their hands over their hearts for the pledge of allegiance.

• Nathan Keen stands seriously while the Star Spangled Banner is being sang.

• Chapell Chumley introduced a special video tribute to TPSD Veterans.

• The choirs performed a medley of the anthems from each branch of the military and invited veterans of each branch to stand and be recognized.

• Eric Huey thanked Senator Wicker and presented him with a special gift.

• Mr. Cliff Moore, assistant band director, was the featured trumpet soloist during a special tribute song, “Stand with the Brave.”

• Dr. Rob Picou, superintendent of Tupelo Schools, introduced the Keynote speaker, Senator Roger Wicker.

• The Madrigal and Varsity Choirs performed at the program.

• Senator Roger Wicker spoke to students and community members at the annual THS Choral Department’s Veterans Day Program.

• Senator Wicker spoke on the importance and privilege of voting.

• Senator Roger Wicker asked the students what they know about the history of Veterans Day.

• Dr. Suzy Williams organized the program.

• The Madrigal Choir sang Dona Nobis Pacem as a farewell closing to the program.

• The PTO and Madrigal Booster parents treated special guests to a reception following the program.

• Sadie Gardner visits with THS Security Guard John Jackson after the program.

• Community members visit after the program.

• Tupelo Mayor Jason Shelton with Marissa Yarber, Cate Burroughs, Claire Burroughs and Eva Tran.

• Senator Wicker visits with Mia Bogan and Latarres Blanchard at the reception following the program.

• Dr. Suzy Williams and Senator Roger Wicker

• Senator Roger Wicker and Superintendent Rob Picou

Senator Roger Wicker was the special guest at the THS Choral Department’s annual Veterans Day Program on Thursday Nov. 8, 2018. He spoke to a packed house of Tupelo High students and community members in the Performing Arts Center. He spoke of the civic privilege of voting and shared thoughts from his experiences as a Tupelo resident and public servant. He also treated the crowd to a history lesson on the history of Veterans Day.