The online collaborative home for the print publications of Golden Wave Media.

THS Current

THS Current

THS Current

Class of 2024 Senior Parade

Thursday, August 3, Tupelo seniors flooded the senior parking lot in the annual senior parade.

The class of 2024 gathered at Harrisburg Baptist church at 7:30 to take pictures and ready themselves for their big day. Many were dressed in their best blue and gold jerseys and took time to look their best.

“I just got up early, did my hair you know, got myself ready in the house,” Sanyla Smith said.

Cars were also decorated in blue and gold. Some even had signs. Some seniors experienced the festivities with their friends. Many seniors reflected on the time they entered high school for the first time. 

“It’s very bittersweet. I’m excited but at the same time, it’s like surreal to believe that’s almost over,” Arianna Shaw said. 

An important part of starting a new school year is setting goals. 

“For this senior year, I’m trying to up my ACT score and I’m trying to get as many scholarships as I can. And yeah, and that’s about it. I’m just trying to make it make my senior year the best year possible,” Monne Patton said. 

Seniors are going to soak up every moment till graduation on May 17.

• Senior start parading onto campus

• Senior come onto campus to start their year

View Comments (1)
Donate to THS Current
$0
$500
Contributed
Our Goal

Your donation will support the student journalists of Tupelo High School. Your contribution will allow us to purchase equipment and cover our annual website hosting costs.