The online collaborative home for the print publications of Golden Wave Media.

THS Current

THS Current

THS Current

Making a difference: how THS Humane Society club aids vulnerable animals.

THS+Humane+Society+Club+donates+supplies+to+the+Tupelo+Lee+Humane+Society.+Photo+courtesy+of+Tupelo+Lee+Humane+Society+Facebook+page.+
THS Humane Society Club donates supplies to the Tupelo Lee Humane Society. Photo courtesy of Tupelo Lee Humane Society Facebook page.

Tupelo Lee Humane Society is a lifesaving adoption services center here in Tupelo. Members of the THS Humane Society club gain volunteering experience. The goal of the Humane Society club is to bring awareness and help the animals of the Humane Society.

Unable to accept monetary donations, the Humane Society club welcomes contributions of dog and cat food, gently used towels, dog pads, and other resources. These donations provide their staff with additional resources to feed, bathe, and enable them to offer better care for the animals at the center. By donating these items, you can make a real difference in the lives of animals at the shelter. You may take money donations to the shelter itself.
The Humane Society pushes the importance of public support on its official website, stating, “Through donations, adoptions, and volunteering, you can help our life-saving mission. A monthly contribution ensures our shelter’s ability to care for the homeless & vulnerable animals in our community. Donate Today!”
Humane Society meets most Friday mornings at 9:05 AM to discuss ways they can support the shelter and its animals. Many students go out of their way to visit our Humane Society on their own time. By walking, bathing, and playing with the animals, the students not only enrich the lives of the pets but also support the hardworking staff at the shelter.
“It is important to donate and volunteer because we have so many animals all over town that are homeless. The Shelter is understaffed and they need all the help they can get. Currently, they are completely full. So if somebody were to find an animal that needed a home, there’s no place for them to go. So not only is it important to volunteer and donate, it is also very crucial, to foster.” Club advisor Ms. Hudgins said.