The online collaborative home for the print publications of Golden Wave Media.

THS Current

THS Current

THS Current

“Cleanliness in the Classroom: Teachers’ Role in Shaping a Healthy Learning Environment

Cleanliness in the Classroom: Teachers Role in Shaping a Healthy Learning Environment

Imagine walking into a classroom where every desk shines, the floors are spotless, and the air smells fresh. Everything is nicely spaced out and it just feels like a nice environment to go too. Many teachers keep their classrooms nice and clean , most don’t. There is an interview asking students the question “How do you feel about the importance of teachers maintaining a clean classroom environment for learning?”

Autumn Swinney says “It is important to keep a clean classroom so students know that they have a teacher that is organized and clean.”

While the school’s policy outlines specific cleanliness standards, teachers’ perspectives on maintaining a tidy classroom vary and are influenced by both personal and practical considerations.

“I feel like teachers should always try to keep their classrooms neat so students feel comfortable” says Maria Castilho Ribeiro

Beyond the basic expectation of cleanliness, there are also creative ways teachers can inspire students to take pride in their learning spaces.

“It is very important to keep a nice and clean classroom, so our students will not get sick from the germs in the classrooms, and I feel like it is very important to be organized because it is a good role model for students” says Hailey Robertson.

Teachers play a vital role in setting the standards for tidiness and organization. Cleaning and organizing is a practice, not a project.

Brooklyn Williams, a student an sophomore says “A clean room can take away from the many distractions that are already in class..learning in a clean class can make it easier for students to learn.

Ultimately, a clean classroom is more than just a tidy space; it’s a reflection of the respect and care that educators have for their students’ learning experience.